If a bar of soap and a bottle of shower gel had a steamy affair, this would be the resulting jelly, baby
Beauty Score: 7
In England its customary to have ice cream and jelly on a birthday. So on Lush’s tenth birthday in ’05, they released a selection of Shower Jellies. It’s basically wobbly, jiggly soap. Bathing with it is a lot like bathing with Flubber. But that’s what makes It so much fun!
Flormar Deluxe Shine Gloss Lipstick – Vellvette Box, May 2013
- Where did I find this? In my May 2013 Vellvette Box.
- Price Mentioned : INR 700
- First Reaction: Initially, while looking at it, I was quite excited, Like yay! Another Lipstick! (I love em. I have hoards!) The packaging looked sturdy. And it looked like it would survive bumpy rides in my hand bag.
- Color: I hated it! It is a vivid Orange with Red undertones. Now, this would look lovely on someone with a fair complexion, on an NC 42 me, it just looked skanky. Take a look.
Wait, what? Damn, it photographs very well. Let me show you another picture.
Now, that is more like it.
Getting down to business –
What is Working for it:
- Color: Vivid. If you are looking for something Neon or something that will stand out, this is the one for you.
- Texture: Gloopy, like a melted lipstick. Not too sticky. Light when worn.
- Glossy, high shine. Really reflects well.
- Good color pay off. Very Pigmented.
- Smell : None.
- Photographed very well.
Not working for it:
- Texture: It melted. Need I say more?
- Application: Is streaky. You definitely need a lip brush to apply it or you need to pat it down with your fingers
- It transfers everywhere!
- After a while, the color settles in lines.
Final Verdict : Ohh this is a tough one. I love the vivid color and the glossiness. But hate that it transfers everywhere and that it settles in the fine lines after some time. This one is for those days where you feel bold and adventurous and need something a little out there.
I am going to give it 3.5 / 5.
You can check out more on the lipstick HERE